This is an archive of emails for the BKL 2 and 3 Day program for the 2015-2016 season and earlier.
- CORRECTION for Wax Clinic December 18, 2014
For those of you interested in joining either the wax clinic today or Saturday with Jonathan Chipman, please note that while the LINK in the last email contained his correct email address, the actual text in the email was incorrect.
Let him know you are interested by emailing him at:
- Practice Plan for Thursday, December 18, 2014 December 17, 2014
Location: Oak Hill Time: 3:30-4:30 Technique: Skate Wax Recommendation: Basic glide wax Upcoming Race: FS New Year’s Family Fun Races at Thetford Academy 1pm 1/1/15
- It’s gonna be funky out there tomorrow! Gotta love New England. But we’ll take the white stuff any way we can get it. Smile about it and your kids will smile, too.
- Want some help with the basics of ski waxing? We are offering two sessions of “Nordic ski waxing for beginners” this week, one on Thursday Dec. 18 (during practice) and the other on Saturday Dec. 20 (4-5pm, location TBA). To sign up, please email email@example.com letting us know which day you prefer. Not available at either of these times? Don’t worry, more opportunities are coming soon.
- Sorry that Mike/Dartmouth had to leave the cabin early on Tuesday. I know it threw some of you off. You can go to the Occum Pond house to pick up your ski passes. I (Ashely) have all the coaches’ passes in my car.
- If you like to read about top level skiing, check out the National Nordic Foundation site. You can “subscribe” to receive their news as emails, too. There’s some interesting(terrifying?!) information on the use of double poling in racing and you can check out some fun videos on ski development, too!
- Remember, we don’t have practice next Tuesday. Have a great holiday and hope to see you on New Year’s Day at 1:00 at Thetford Academy! Let Vicki know if you can bring a treat to share! Her email is in a previous post.
- Practice Plan Tuesday, December 16, 2014 December 15, 2014
Location: Oak Hill Time: 3:30-4:30 Technique: skate Wax Recommendation: basic glide wax (remember, you don’t have to do this every time!) Upcoming Race: NA
- Hope everyone had a solid frolic in the snow this weekend. What a gift to have snow this early in the season! Woohoo! On Saturday, a group of 10 7th/8th grade skiers joined coaches Greg DeFrancis and Peter Milliken for a day trip up to Trapps/Stowe. The conditions were amazing and the group had a blast. Check out the photo below.
- You can usually see our most recent videos and photos on our “Nordic News” link on the site.
- Mike Silverman will be selling/passing out Dartmouth trail passes tomorrow at Oak Hill from 3:15-4:45. Bring a check if you have not purchased one yet. All 2 & 3 Day skiers MUST purchase a pass. Please do it tomorrow if you haven’t yet.
- Jay Davis found a youth large FS race top in the mini coop bathroom last Thursday. He left it there at the register. Thanks Jay!
- There will be NO PRACTICE on Tuesday, December 23. Please mark your calendars.
- The next Nordic Committee meeting will be meeting on Thursday, January 8, from 7-8:30 in the Rotary Room at the Howe Library. These meetings are open to all and we welcome interested folks.
- NENSA has informed us that their clothing orders will not be ready by the holiday. For those of you who have ordered items, we apologize. We don’t have any control over this system and we understand it is frustrating since many of you had planned these items as gifts. Kathy will let us know once the order arrives so no need to email her to ask. Thanks for your patience and many thanks to Kathy for her endless work.
- From Vicki May: “Mark your calendars for the annual Ford Sayre New Year’s Day Ski at Thetford Academy on January 1, 2015 at 1pm. This is a fun, informal cross-country skiing event for Ford Sayre families and friends. There will be a series of short, freestyle events for both kids and parents, as well as some silly relays. Let me know if you can bring cookies for after the events. Vicki May firstname.lastname@example.org “
- See you on the snow tomorrow!
- Practice Plan for Thursday, December 11, 2014 December 10, 2014
Location: Garipay Time: 3:30-4:30 Technique: Classic Wax Recommendation: waxless skis or Swix special red or red Upcoming Race: NA
- Our expectation is that Ford Sayre skiers will do their best to show up at practice with skis already waxed and ready to go. However, as this is the beginning of the season…
- …and waxing will be a challenge tomorrow, if you arrive as early as possible, we will have folks who can help show you how it’s done. DO NOT USE ANYTHING FOR COOLER TEMPS THAN RED. We will have some red if you don’t . Purple won’t work tomorrow, so don’t bother with it.
- A shout out to experienced families who may be willing to bring a wax bench and some wax to help show new families what to do to classic skis in these temps. Jonathan Chipman, Wax Coordinator, will be available to do this tomorrow as will some coaches.
See you all tomorrow. Think snow!
Ashley and PeterContinue reading →