Try Ford Sayre’s newest ski program this winter!
Ski mountaineering (abbreviated to skimo) involves climbing mountains on skis and/or by foot and skiing back down. Skimo can be enjoyed both as a recreational activity and racing discipline. Skimo combines aspects of ski touring, backcountry skiing, and mountaineering.
The primary objective of the Ford Sayre Ski Mountaineering team is to develop both the skills and passion for ski touring and ski mountaineering. In doing so, we hope to foster a lifelong love for both the outdoors and sport. Skiers will optimize specific ski mountaineering skills and fitness to develop enjoyment and proficiency in the sport.
- Program cost: $200
- Program Head/Head Coach: Michael Silitch email@example.com
- Ages: 12 years old and up, adults welcome!
- Maximum team size: 15 youth and 15 adults;
- Start Date: Wed December 29th, at 5:30-7pm at the Dartmouth Skiway
- Necessary equipment: alpine touring specific skis, bindings, boots (race preferred, but optional), skins, ski poles, backpack, helmet, headlamp.
- Email to discuss gear: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SafeSport training required for 18 and over – more information provided upon registration