Try Ford Sayre’s newest ski program this winter!
Ski mountaineering (abbreviated to skimo) involves climbing mountains on skis and/or by foot and skiing back down. Skimo can be enjoyed both as a recreational activity and a racing discipline. Skimo combines aspects of ski touring, backcountry skiing, and mountaineering. Skimo will debut at the Cortina Winter Olympics in 2026.
The primary objective of the Ford Sayre Ski Mountaineering team is to develop both the skills and passion for the sport. In doing so, we hope to foster a lifelong love for outdoor sports. Skiers will optimize specific ski mountaineering skills and fitness to develop enjoyment, proficiency, and safe practice of the sport.
- Program cost: $200
- Program Head/Head Coach: Michael Silitch
- Ages: 12 years old and up, adults welcome!
- Maximum team size: 15
- Start Date: Wednesday, January 4th, at 5:30-7pm at the Dartmouth Skiway
- Necessary equipment: alpine touring skis, bindings, boots (all race preferred, but optional), skins, ski poles, backpack, helmet, and headlamp.
- Email coach with any questions: email@example.com