The Ford Sayre Nordic Club is for Upper Valley skiers high school age and older. Most centrally, the club is focused on love of the sport and fostering community across generations.
Summer and fall offerings will include trail runs and roller ski workouts (some focused on beginners, others on those confident on roller skis). In the winter, we will offer weekly workouts, technique clinics for all abilities, wax support at several regional races, and a forum for Club members to organize other events of interest.
Racers are encouraged to race using the Ford Sayre club affiliation, and will be able to purchase a race suit and discounted racing skis, boots and poles through local suppliers.
This year (2020/2021) we are offering two membership tiers. Whichever tier you choose, your registration fee covers membership from Spring 2020 through Spring 2021.
General Membership Summer/Fall Offerings
- Weekly agility/balance/strength with Carly Wynn (Wednesday evenings via Zoom)
- Access to recorded spenst (explosive ski-specific strength) sessions
- 3 in-person sessions; all abilities welcome! Weeknights; dates TBD; will take place outdoors with provisions for social distancing
- Rollerski Agility
General Membership Winter Offerings
- Weekly workout at Garipay or Oak Hill
- “Keep up with your kids” clinic: 1 or 2 weekend dates will be offered.
- For recreational skiers wishing to improve their technique and become more familiar with the language and technique cues used to teach Nordic skiing. (While the idea – and name of the session – came out of requests from BKL parents, everyone is welcome at this session!)
General membership benefits, plus:
- A 45-minute phone or Zoom consultation with Carly Wynn to discuss your goals, to workshop your training plan, or to ask general questions. These sessions should help you think through your approach to the ski season, and should also help us to tailor our technique clinics to your interests
Next-Level Summer/Fall Offerings
- 3 supported over-distance workouts; dates TBD (will poll members for input!)
- Ski and Trail-Run Norwich: Park at Huntley Meadow, ski up Beaver Meadow, run down Ballard Trail
- Bike/hike/bike (with option to include a roller ski component in place of the bike): Bike Rt. 10 and Dorchester Rd to Skiway; hike; bike back.
- Ski and Trail-Run Etna: Park at First Baptist Church in Etna; ski out and back on Dogford; ski up Ruddsboro. Switch to sneakers; run up 3 Mile Road to AT, then back to Church.
Next-Level Winter Offerings
- 3 winter technique clinics (Sat or Sun mornings for 2 hours; all abilities welcome)
- Race support for 2-3 race weekends
Feedback, please! This is our first year offering two tiers of membership, and we welcome feedback on pricing and offerings.
Issues with registration? Please contact Program Heads Elissa and Joel Bradley at Club@FordSayre.org