The Ford Sayre Academy is nationally recognized for its unique quality academy-style program integrated with a public school. Academy athletes are dedicated ski racers aged 14 or older (U16 and U19 athletes) who are interested in pursuing ski racing at all levels. Athletes may opt to train either after school, weekends or full-time. Full-time athletes arrange their academic schedules so that they are dismissed at 11, allowing them to travel and train during the day. The FSA full-time athlete is required to keep up with his/her missed academic classes by hiring a tutor. This allows the student/athlete to achieve the highest individual academic and athletic goals. Racing calendars are dependent upon individual athletic goals and competitions are available in State, Regional, National and International races.
Note on Van Transportation: FSA rents vans and coaches transport skiers. Transportation included in program fee:
- Full time athletes — midweek training at Burke and Dartmouth Skiway, weekend training at Dartmouth Skiway, coach supported races, November Colorado trip, “Christmas camp” and February break camp
- Part time athletes – midweek training at Whaleback, weekend training at Dartmouth Skiway, coach supported races, November Colorado trip*, “Christmas camp” and February break camp
Program Dates: November 7th, 2022 to Apr 1st, 2023 (start/end date could vary a bit)
- Full-time: Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri. noon-ish–4; Sat, Sun, and vacations TBD.
- Part-time: Tues, Wed, Thur 3:15-5:15; Sat, Sun, and vacations TBD.
- NOTE: Training times may vary due to lane space availability, however extended weekend hours are being proposed.
Locations: Dartmouth Skiway, Burke, Whaleback and Epic Resorts
- Full Time U16 – $10,000
- Full Time U19 – $12,000
- Part Time – $3,900
* November Colorado Trip carries extra cost
- US Ski & Snowboard – Competitor membership required; early bird discount ends October 15
- New Hampshire Alpine Racing Association – Early bird discount ends October 15
Ski Passes: Each athlete is responsible for his/her own season pass or daily lift ticket.
Program Head: Meg White (617-791-2272) and Lisa Pastel (802-369-6019) firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents are required to work at three home races during the season, family max. 4 ($800 security deposit is required)Registrations and fees must be received by November 1st, 2022
Registrations and fees must be received by November 1st, 2022