This is an archive of emails for the BKL 2 and 3 Day program for the 2015-2016 season and earlier.
- Tuesday 12-2-14: Running Shoes (not skis) December 2, 2014
Final call from the pros is that we will be running/playing games today at Garipay, not skiing.
See you then.
Ashley & PeterContinue reading →
- Practice Plan for Tuesday, 12-2-14 – skis and shoes! December 1, 2014
- How about that snow over Thanksgiving! Our family got out for two nice skis in the woods…hope some of you did, too!
- Many thanks to Tracy, Jane and many, many contributing families for the yummy snacks after practice last Tuesday. It was fun to connect with so many of you around the fire!
- A reminder that we do our best to choose the best possibility for practice sites and techniques. We have many dedicated coaches who take time to go check out venues and conditions the day before practice. This is why we wait until the evening before our practice to send an email with plans. Thanks for your patience and for understanding that conditions can make these decisions challenging.
- Please check the website tomorrow in case there is a change in plans. Any change will be made by noon.
- Check out our Nordic News page on the website. This is where we will post community events that relate to Nordic skiing. Lake Morey Skate-a-thon is coming up and you can see the group picture from our Skiway hike here: https://www.fordsayre.org/news/nordic-news/
- Note that before, during and after practices, we encourage kids to ski on the snow, not throw it. We’d love your help reminding kids not to throw snowballs.
- Families with kids in the One-Day Nordic program will receive a separate email about details for those practices. Please make sure to read both our email and that one as the programs will often have different plans.
Ashley and Peter
Location: Garipay Fields (near Rugby House) Time: 3:30-4:30 Technique: Skate skiing OR Running – bring shoes and skis! Wax Recommendation: NA Upcoming Race: NA
- Practice Plan for Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014 November 24, 2014
Information for Practice on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- Heard the hike was fun on Sunday. Sorry to have missed it, but glad so many folks were there! We’ll share some photos soon.
- Get ready to be wet at practice tomorrow! Should be a blast.
- Thanks to Tracy Z. and Jane P., the kids will have team snacks tomorrow after practice near the parking lot! Come by to meet other nordic families. Let Tracy know if you will bring something: email@example.com
- No practice this Thursday – enjoy your turkey.
Location: Oak Hill Time: 3:30-4:30 Technique: Dry Land (or wet land, as the case may be) Wax Recommendation: NA Upcoming Race: NA
- Reminder: Family Skiway Hike November 22, 2014
Hello Ford Sayre BKL parents,
This is a friendly reminder that our Family Skiway Hike is this Sunday, November 23, starting at 10:30am. This is an informal event that is often a lot of fun for Ford Sayre families. It includes participants from the 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day a week BKL programs (elementary and middle school age skiers), as well as the junior nordic team (high school age skiers). (Note: This is a family event, so please don’t drop your children off without a parent/guardian.)
We hope that you can make it!Continue reading →