Hello Ford Sayre Families!
We hope you are enjoying the start of fall and managing to get outside to play in the woods.
We’re starting to get organized for the upcoming XC ski season, and have started to get questions about registration and program details.
We wanted to share a few program logistics and upcoming dates/events. Please feel free to share this information with families that may be interested in joining us for the first time this year. Registration will open in the first week of October.
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have regarding the program. I am happy to talk with you and can be reached at BKL.One.Day@FordSayre.org or at 603-643-5670 (home) or 603-715-7233 (cell)
1-DAY PROGRAM LOGISTICS:
- Tuesdays between December 1st and March 8th, from 3:30-4:30 pm (Practice will likely be extended until 5:00 pm, beginning sometime in February).
- Location: Garipay Fields, Hanover (unless otherwise noted)
OMER & BOB’S TEAM NIGHT: Monday, October 5, 6:30-8:30pm: This is a night during which you can purchase new ski gear at a team discount. Vendors will be present so you can see and try on their gear (Alpina, Salomon, Atomic, Fisher, Rossi and Swix). Each vendor will have reps and we will have coaches on hand to help answer questions regarding fitting skis and poles. For fitting info, go to our site, click on our “Ski gear” tab and look for the “Checklist for team-night purchases.” Many have found this helpful.
SELL OR EXCHANGE USED GEAR: If you have gear you would like to exchange/sell/donate to other Ford Sayre families, post it ASAP on our team gear exchange at the address below (“Used gear exchange” tab on our site). This is a family-to-family system. Families are responsible for setting prices and taking down items once they are no longer available. http://leagueathletics.com/Exchange.asp?n=52737&org=fordsayre.org
SKI SWAPS: Dartmouth and Ford Sayre ski sales and swaps often have a good assortment of used ski equipment. Dates are listed at the end of this e-mail.
LEASE PROGRAMS: We are working on multiple waxless ski package lease options this year. I will communicate the details as soon as they are available.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
This program relies on parent involvement for much of what makes it so special for the kids. We Need Volunteers! Both on the snow and off, and for the smallest beginners it’s really more about your enthusiasm and involvement than about your skiing technique and fitness level. So, if you are willing and able to commit a little time (about an hour a week during the short ski season), please get in touch as soon as possible.
The BKL program calendar can be accessed here. Please make note of some important dates:
- Monday 10/5: Omer and Bob’s Team Night 6:30-8:30 PM (Team discounts for ski gear and garb)
- Saturday 10/17: Dartmouth Ski Swap & Sale 10:00 AM -4:00 PM; Collis Common Ground; Dartmouth College
- Sunday 11/1: NENSA ski lease program opens – Great source for beginner equipment (For children in the 1-day a week program, make sure to order waxless equipment. Check with me if you have any questions!)
- Wednesday 11/4: Ford Sayre New Parent Information Night 5:30-6:15 PM (Richard C. Black Recreation Center (Main gym), Hanover)
- Sunday 11/8: Ford Sayre Council Ski Sale – Used equipment on sale; good resource for newer skiers (Consignment: Friday: 6:00-7:30 PM; Saturday, Nov. 7: 9-11 AM; Sale: Nov 8 12-2:00 PM)
- Tuesday 12/1: First Day of Practice 3:30-4:30 (dryland, or on snow if we have any)
- Tuesday 3/8: Last Day Ski Practice
You are receiving this e-mail because you were registered in the 1-day a week program last year (or you have let me know that you’d like to receive information about our program).
- If you know of friends (or others) who would like to be part of our BKL mailing list, please have them click here or click “Subscribe” on the top left of the Ford Sayre BKL 1 Day web-page.
- If your child no longer plans to be part of the BKL Programs, you can unsubscribe by going to the bottom of this email and clicking “Unsubscribe”.
Note: If your child plans to change to the 2-Day a week program this year, you must subscribe to the 2-day a week program e-mail system. Go here or click “Subscribe” on the top left of the Ford Sayre BKL 2&3 Day web-page. Then go to the bottom of this email and “Unsubscribe” if you no longer want to be part of the list for the 1-day BKL program.