These are emails issued to the One Day a Week BKL program for the 2015-2016 season and before.
- Fun BKL Skiing February 13, 2015
With BKL, we have been having a lot of fun skiing in the great snow at Garipay Field.
Thanks to the Dartmouth Cross-Country Ski crew for doing such a great job with grooming.
Don’t forget to come out to the Silver Fox Trot on Saturday Feb. 14 – race yourself or cheer the racers on!
Last week, we enjoyed fresh powder skiing!Continue reading →
- Silver Fox Trot – Race Organization February 13, 2015
Dear parents of 1-day a week BKL skiers,
We are excited to have so many Ford Sayre skiers participating in the races on Saturday. As of this morning, we have over 80 FS skiers registered, and at least 24 of them are one-day a week skiers! Online registration is now closed, but skiers can register on Saturday morning at the Ray School between 9:00 and 10:15.
The official race information is on the Silver Fox Trot tab on our site. Please check it tonight and Saturday morning as race start times may be delayed if it is too cold.
If your child plans to participate, please read the race organization document and add your child to his/her grade level list. (Note that the Lollipop skiers are on the far right column.)
There will be enormous numbers of families skiing at Garipay and Oak Hill on Saturday as well as a basketball tournament at the Ray School. Please make an effort to carpool to the races if you can. Parking will be tight. It would be very helpful if families did not bring two cars.
All bib pick up and day-of-race registration will take place in the Ray School lobby. When you arrive, please drive to the Ray school, park temporarily, pick up your bib/s and then get back in your car and park at Garipay or the Dartmouth Day Care Center. BKL FAMILIES ARE ASKED NOT TO PARK AT THE RAY SCHOOL. Please remind your friends and family about this, too.
It is predicted to be very cold on Saturday. ALL children should wear appropriate layers, toe/hand warmers, hats, buffs, and mittens. Make sure ears are covered by hats or buffs. We will have a tent erected so kids can get out of the cold, but it won’t be hot in there, so be prepared. Our younger racers should plan to race in what they wear to practice. Many children sweat during the race and will need to put warm, dry layers back on after the race so they don’t get chilled.
We are excited to see you out there! Bring a cow bell and lets all cheer for the Ford Sayre skiers!
Go Ford Sayre!
Aricca; email@example.com; 603-715-7233Continue reading →
- Practice Plan for Tuesday, 2/10/15: One-day Program February 9, 2015
Hello 1-day a week BKL families,
What great snow – and what a change from January’s ice!
Location: Garipay Time: 3:30-5:00 (Note the new end time!!) Technique: Classic Upcoming Event: The Silver Fox Trot – our home race – takes place Saturday at Garipay! Go to SkiReg to register and to the SFT page on our site for details and schedules. Parents, don’t forget the citizen’s race! Low key, great exercise, lots of fun! Please register early to help us organize!
- Skiing should be fantastic tomorrow. To celebrate, we are having snacks with the 2-Day a week BKL program. Please let me know if you can bring something, or sign-up at: SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4DADAF23A1FE3-bklsnack3/. Combined, we will be feeding over 200 kids, so all goodies are appreciated!
- Crazy hats and costumes! Don’t forget to wear something zany to practice tomorrow! The coaches will be dressed up! What can YOU come up with?
- SIGN-IN/SIGN-OUT: Please remember to sign-in AND sign-out your child!! (As a reminder, sign-out occurs by grade level, at the fluorescent K-1, 2, 3-4, and 5-8 grade signs.)
- Our home race, The Silver Fox Trot, is this Saturday, February 14, at Garipay. This is a perfect race for our group and is tons of fun for families. If your skier isn’t excited to race, come watch and cheer for friends! Please register now so our organizers can be organized. Same day registrations are allowed, but make the race day a bit more chaotic.
- Parents, sign up for the Silver Fox Citizen’s Race! You certainly don’t have to be a ski racer to participate! The race starts after the BKL awards and is a great, low-key race and a fun way to show your children that you, too, are willing to take the risk to participate. Last year we had lots of families join in!
Aricca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 603-715-7233Continue reading →
- Logistics: Crazy Costumes, Snacks, 5:00 End of Practice February 7, 2015
Hello 1-day a week BKL families!
A few announcements to share:
- 5:00 End of Practice: The days are getting longer and the snow is dreamy, so from here until the end of the season, our 1-day a week BKL skiers will practice from 3:30 until 5:00!
- SNOW and SNACKS! We are trying AGAIN! A combined 1 & 2 day program snack celebration is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, 2/10 after practice. There will be hot cocoa and yummy treats. We hope that you will bring food to share (homemade or store-bought) & join the festivities. We will have over 200 kids! Please e-mail me if you plan to contribute, or sign-up to bring something at: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4DADAF23A1FE3-bklsnack3/
- Costumes and crazy hats! Both programs will be skiing at Garipay on Tuesday and it should be a blast. To get psyched for the Silver Fox Trot races, we are inviting coaches and skiers to come clad in zany costumes and/or crazy hats. Crack open your costume box, pull out a tutu, your magician’s hat – whatever, and get ready for some fun!
- Join our Facebook community: We’ve posted a few pictures to the Ford Sayre Facebook page – and hope to add more after the coming practices. Check them out at: https://www.facebook.com/FordSayre
- Thanks to all of you who have volunteered some of your day on Saturday, February 14, to help with the Silver Fox Trot at Garipay fields. We appreciate your willingness to help. Unlike a soccer or a basketball game, ski races are major events and require months of planning and multitudes of volunteers. Please remember that we hope every family will can participate in the Silver Fox Trot in some fashion. Even if your child does not race, please reach out to Lou Bregou at email@example.com, our race director, and offer your help. Helping at the Silver Fox Trot is a fantastic way to see some fun skiing, the whole family can be on skis, and you can feel good about giving back.