Hello Ford Sayre Families!
We hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather! We’ve been busy getting organized for the upcoming cross-country ski season, and have some exciting changes in the works.
One of our big changes is that we are restructuring our programs to create a more unified Bill Koch League (BKL) program – including more integrated communication and curriculum across the K-8 grade programs. Please check out our website for more information.
As a heads-up, Online Registration opens during the first week of October! Please let us know if you have any questions about which program is the best fit for your child.
In the meantime, please mark your calendar with the following important upcoming dates/events.
- Sunday, 9/25: Stratton Mountain School Elite Team Clinic, 2:30-4:30pm at the Richmond Middle School in Hanover, NH. Details here. This is a great opportunity for children of early elementary through high school age.
- Monday, 9/26: Deadline for reserving Mont-Ste-Anne rooms for December trip*
- Wednesday, 9/28: Meeting of the local Nordic community to hear about proposed plans (and give input) on developing a cross-country ski venue at Oak Hill in Hanover. The project is still in its beginning stages and will be a collaborative effort with Dartmouth and the Hanover and Upper Valley Communities. 7:00pm at the Norwich Congregational Church (located next to Tracy Hall in Norwich, VT; Use the side entrance and then turn left for the meeting hall).
- Thursday, 10/6: Omer and Bob’s Team Night, 6:30-8:30pm, (Lebanon, NH. Team discounts for ski gear and garb)
- Saturday, 10/15: Dartmouth Ski Swap & Sale, 10:00 – 4:00pm, Dartmouth Collis Common Ground (Hanover, NH)
- Thursday, 11/3: New Families Night: 5:30pm, Mayer Room, Howe Library
- Sunday, 11/6: Ford Sayre Ski Sale,12:00 – 2:30pm at the Richmond Middle School. A great source for used gear (Hanover, NH)
- Thursday, 11/10: First Day of Practice for children in 3rd grade and higher (dry land), 3:30-4:30pm (Hanover, NH)
- Tuesday, 11/29: First Day of Practice for children in kindergarten through 2nd grade (expected to be dry land), 3:30-4:30pm (Hanover, NH)
- Thursday, 12/1: Deadline for reserving BKL Festival rooms*
- Saturday, 2/11: Silver Fox Trot – our home race! (Hanover, NH)
- Sat & Sun, 3/4 & 3/5: New England BKL Festival (Bethel, Maine)
- Tuesday 3/7: Last Day of Practice
* Reminder: Information regarding room reservations for both the Mont-Sainte-Anne & BKL Festival events may be found on our website under recent e-mails.
We look forward to seeing you soon. As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Aricca and Jane (BKL co-program heads)
Aricca Van Citters, 603-643-5670, JuniorBKL@fordsayre.org (Grades K-4)
Jane Phipps, 802-649-8823, BKL@fordsayre.org (Grades 5-8)
If your child does not plan to ski with Ford Sayre BKL this year, you can unsubscribe by going to the bottom of this email and clicking “unsubscribe”.