|Location:||Thetford Academy Trails, Thetford, VT|
|Wax Recommendation:||basic glide wax – use what you have on|
|Upcoming Race:||Bogburn Classic (go here to register for the race) and add your child’s name (and yours as a helper) to our planning sheet here. For every race, our site will have the organization sheet available on the “Racing” tab .|
- We WILL ski tomorrow on the Thetford Academy trails in Thetford, VT. Enormous thanks to Dennis Donahue for spending a good part of Tuesday grooming them for our club. We understand that the location puts a dent in logistics for many families. As a club, we do our best to choose the best practice option for everyone. We don’t take this task lightly. We believe this is the best option tomorrow, so we hope as many of you can make it as possible. If you feel like the logistics or the cold are an issue for your child, we encourage you to make your own call. The Academy is a 15 minute drive from Hanover. You can google map it easily. When coming from the highway, drive into the 2nd driveway and follow the drive to the parking area behind the buildings. You will see us there. Kids should quickly get on skis and move around.
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY. Temps are predicted at 15f and the windchill is supposed to have died down by afternoon, but PLEASE come with layers, toe warmers, buffs, etc. Warm kids are happy kids. There is not an indoor space for warming, so come prepared and please be on time for pick up.
- STAY TUNED! If the weather forecast changes for tomorrow, we may cancel practice. As always, we will post this by 11am.
- Our first race is Saturday. Check it out on the links in the chart above. Please do let us know on the planning sheet if your child plans to race. This allows our coaches to find and support each racer before and after the race.
- VOLUNTEER! We need you! The Silver Fox Trot, our “home” race, is coming up on February 14, on Garipay Fields in Hanover. We often have over 200 kids as well as adults racing that day and we need all the volunteers we can get. If your child is racing, come help! If your child isn’t racing, come help and have your child watch. It is a great venue for spectators on and off skis. Go to this google form to sign up. Our goal is to get as many families participating as possible. And really, you don’t have to know anything about ski racing! You can volunteer to help with the BKL races (kids K-8th grades) or with the Eastern Cup Race at Oak Hill (ages 9th grade – masters).