This is an archive of emails for the BKL 2 and 3 Day program for the 2015-2016 season and earlier.
- Ford Sayre Registration is Open October 2, 2016
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN:
Registration for all Ford Sayre programs is now open. Please go to the Ford Sayre website and click on Registration. Or, CLICK HERE to directly access the registration page. If you have any difficulties, please let us know.
- Children in grades 3 and higher: Please register by October 31, 2016
- Children in grades K-2: Please register by November 20th, 2016
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE:
Scholarships are available to support program costs. Please see our Scholarships page, contact your Program Heads, or e-mail Scholarship@FordSayre.org if you have any questions.
CHANGES IN THE STRUCTURE OF THE NORDIC YOUTH PROGRAMS:
We have restructured our youth skiing program (grades K-8) to better meet the needs of children and better use our resources, facilities and coaches. Please carefully review the new program descriptions, and let your Program Heads know if you have any questions about which choice may be the best fit for your child.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
This program relies on parent involvement for much of what makes it so special for the kids. We Need Volunteers! Both on the snow and off, and for the smallest beginners it’s really more about your enthusiasm and involvement than about your skiing technique and fitness level. So, if you are willing and able to commit a little time (about an hour a week during the short ski season), please get in touch as soon as possible.
Finding and ordering nordic ski gear can be confusing, frustrating and a hassle, but it is well worth it to have solid gear once the snow flies. For help, start by reading our “Ski Gear Info” page. Please ask questions if you need guidance.
- OMER & BOB’S TEAM NIGHT: Thursday, October 6, 6:30-8:30pm: This is a night during which you can purchase new ski gear at a team discount. Vendors will be present so you can see and try on their gear (Alpina, Salomon, Atomic, Fisher, Rossi and Swix). Each vendor will have reps and we will have coaches on hand to help answer questions regarding fitting skis and poles. For fitting info, review our “Ski Gear Info” page and look for the “Checklist for team-night purchases.” Many have found this helpful.
- BUY, SELL, OR EXCHANGE USED GEAR: Check out our “Used Gear Exchange” to easily buy, sell, or donate used gear with other Ford Sayre families. This is a family-to-family system, and families are responsible for setting prices and taking down items once they are no longer available.
- SKI SWAPS: The Ford Sayre Ski Sale often has a good assortment of used ski equipment. The sale is Sunday, November 6th from 12-2:30pm at the Richmond Middle School in Hanover, NH.
- LEASE PROGRAMS: Omer and Bob’s will again lease waxless classic ski equipment for $79.95 for the season (leasing will begin at the end of October). The cost will be (This gear is not appropriate for children participating in the 5-8 grade development / racing program).
E-MAIL COMMUNICATION: You are receiving this e-mail because you were on the BKL mailing list during the 2015-16 season. We will be discontinuing the use of the 2015-16 BKL e-mail list after October 31st (for children in last year’s 2-day a week program) and November 20th (for children in last year’s 1-day a week program). If you register your skier in a 2016-2017 BKL program, you will automatically be subscribed to our new e-mail list. If additional family members, caregivers, or others want to stay connected with the BKL program communications, please subscribe here. Future e-mails will automatically be posted to our website.
Please contact your BKL Program Heads with any questions you might have. You can reach us at:
Aricca Van Citters, Co-Program Head, Ford Sayre BKL Grades K-4, JuniorBKL@fordsayre.orgContinue reading →
Jane Phipps, Co-Program Head, Ford Sayre BKL Grades 5-8, BKL@fordsayre.org
- Reminder – Meeting Tonight Regarding New Ski Facility at Oak Hill September 28, 2016Come join the discussion about the Proposed Project at Oak HillTONIGHT, Wednesday, September 28, 7:00pmNorwich Congregational ChurchIf you cannot make it tonight but are interested in staying in the loop, please fill out this Google form:Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questionsContinue reading →
- Meeting Regarding New Ski Facility at Oak Hill September 21, 2016
Dear Upper Valley Cross Country Skiers!
Plans are afoot to develop a cross country ski venue at Oak Hill, potentially as part of a larger community recreation area. Please join us to hear about the proposed project and to give your input.
Wednesday, September 28, at 7:00pm at the Norwich Congregational Church
(The church is located next to Tracy Hall in the center of Norwich. Use the side entrance and then turn left for the meeting hall.)The project is still in its beginning stages and will be a collaborative effort with Dartmouth and the Hanover and Upper Valley Communities. NOW is the time to bring together the Nordic community and begin to think about how we can create a world class facility together!
Hope to see you there,
Ashley & Peter Milliken
- Ford Sayre Nordic BKL Programs: Getting Started for the 2016-2017 season! September 21, 2016
Hello Ford Sayre Families!
We hope you are enjoying this beautiful fall weather! We’ve been busy getting organized for the upcoming cross-country ski season, and have some exciting changes in the works.
One of our big changes is that we are restructuring our programs to create a more unified Bill Koch League (BKL) program – including more integrated communication and curriculum across the K-8 grade programs. Please check out our website for more information.
As a heads-up, Online Registration opens during the first week of October! Please let us know if you have any questions about which program is the best fit for your child.
In the meantime, please mark your calendar with the following important upcoming dates/events.
- Sunday, 9/25: Stratton Mountain School Elite Team Clinic, 2:30-4:30pm, details here. This is a great opportunity for children of early elementary through high school age.
- Monday, 9/26: Deadline for reserving Mont-Ste-Anne rooms for December trip*
- Thursday, 10/6: Omer and Bob’s Team Night, 6:30-8:30pm, (Lebanon, NH. Team discounts for ski gear and garb)
- Saturday, 10/15: Dartmouth Ski Swap & Sale, 10:00 – 4:00pm, Dartmouth Collis Common Ground (Hanover, NH)
- Thursday, 11/3: New Families Night: 5:30pm, Mayer Room, Howe Library
- Sunday, 11/6: Ford Sayre Ski Sale,12:00 – 2:30pm at the Richmond Middle School. A great source for used gear (Hanover, NH)
- Thursday, 11/10: First Day of Practice for children in 3rd grade and higher (dry land), 3:30-4:30pm (Hanover, NH)
- Tuesday, 11/29: First Day of Practice for children in kindergarten through 2nd grade (expected to be dry land), 3:30-4:30pm (Hanover, NH)
- Thursday, 12/1: Deadline for reserving BKL Festival rooms*
- Saturday, 2/11: Silver Fox Trot – our home race! (Hanover, NH)
- Sat & Sun, 3/4 & 3/5: New England BKL Festival (Bethel, Maine)
- Tuesday 3/7: Last Day of Practice
* Reminder: Information regarding room reservations for both the Mont-Sainte-Anne & BKL Festival events may be found on our website under recent e-mails.
We look forward to seeing you soon. As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Aricca and Jane (BKL co-program heads)Continue reading →
Aricca Van Citters, 603-643-5670, JuniorBKL@fordsayre.org (Grades K-4)
Jane Phipps, 802-649-8823, BKL@fordsayre.org (Grades 5-8)
If your child does not plan to ski with Ford Sayre BKL this year, you can unsubscribe by going to the bottom of this email and clicking “unsubscribe”.