This is an archive of emails for the BKL 2 and 3 Day program for the 2015-2016 season and earlier.
- National Nordic Foundation Wine Tasting Fundraiser July 6th July 3, 2016I am sharing the following message from Scottie Eliassen (Head Coach of the Ford Sayre’s Junior Nordic Team program) as this event may also be of interest to parents & coaches of the BKL community.This Wednesday evening, July 6th, we have the opportunity to support the National Nordic Foundation through a Dan & Whit’s / Norwich Inn wine tasting event! See the note below from Jenny Barba, NNF board member and Norwich resident, for details.The NNF is a linchpin in the US development pipeline from U18 to the World Cup. They provide critical support to athletes on international competition trips (eg U23/Junior World Championships) and have recently expanded to support clubs and coaches (Ford Sayre was just awarded a grant to help fund coach development!).I hope to see many of you there!ScottieBegin forwarded message:From: email@example.comSubject: [upper-valley-nordic:292] National Nordic Foundation Wine Tasting Fundraiser July 6thDate: June 29, 2016 at 1:35:13 AM EDTTo: Upper Valley Nordic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Skiing Community, I would like to invite you to the National Nordic Foundation wine tasting fundraiser on July 6th at the Norwich Inn from 5-7pm. This cause is near and dear to my heart and supports funding for the development of U.S. Cross Country skiing. Tickets are $15 in advance and can be bought online here or at Dan & Whit’s, or $20 at the door. Please share this and bring all of your fun friends! The more the merrier! Raffle prizes include roller ski rentals, sunglasses and NNF schwag!Cheers,Jenny
- Summer Fun Activities! June 28, 2016
Hope your summer is off to a great start. Here are some local (and some farther afield) opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, be active and see fellow BKL’ers!
- Casey Nichols’ Nordic Combined Clinics;
- US Biathlon 2 day camp
- Third Annual Hanover Trails Hike Challenge;
- Western NH Trail Running Series;
- Upper Valley Trail Runners;
- Thetford Academy Summer Runs;
- Fiddlehead Five.
1. Read here for more details on BKL Alum Casey Nichols’ new Nordic Combined Clinics.2. In case you did not receive this recent e-mail from Skireg.com, I am including this message again:United States Biathlon is excited to offer a two day camp for BKL skiers 11 to 14 years old. The camp will be held July 9 &10 at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, New York. Led by Olympic Gold Medalist and long time US Biathlon coach Algis Shalna, the camp will offer an introduction to biathlon including marksmanship using biathlon rifles. The two day camp will also include, hiking, running, and swimming. No prior biathlon or shooting experience needed.All details & Online Registration @ Skireg: https://www.SkiReg.com/bkl-shooting-stars-biathlon-camp.3. Third Annual Hanover Trails Hike Challenge:If you’re looking for a fun and low-key way to keep your kids active outside this summer, consider signing up for the “Hanover Trails Hike Challenge“. The Trails Challenge highlights seven easy to moderate hikes in Hanover. This is an approachable group of walks that will show your family some of the hidden gems right in your backyard. The Trails Challenge is a collaborative venture sponsored by Hanover Parks & Recreation, The Hanover Conservancy, Hanover Improvement Society, Town of Hanover Conservation Commission, and local businesses.4. Western NH Trail Running SeriesThe Western NH Trail Running Series is a collective group of trail events that range in distance from 5K to 12.5k. All of the races offer a taste of the amazing natural beauty that exists here in the Upper Valley Region of NH/VT. These races are designed to be fun for everyone, from the beginner trail runner that just wants to veer off the pavement and try something new all the way to the seasoned trail racer.5. Upper Valley Trail RunnersLocated in the Upper Valley between Vermont and New Hampshire, we welcome trail runners from down in the valley and beyond to join us on the trails! This group is affiliated with the UVRC (uppervalleyrunningclub.org). You can usually find a Thursday night group run going on as well as some spontaneous runs throughout the week. We welcome users to host runs and help us explore the Upper Valley. The average distance for our runs is around 6 miles but we offer shorter runs as well. Most runs are social runs. We occasionally have workouts but also have easy runs for beginners.6. Thetford Academy Summer RunsBeginning June 14th, every Tuesday night, 6:00pm sharp!2.5km and 5km optionsFree7. Fiddlehead FiveStorrs Pond’s 5km run seriesWednesdays, registration at 5:00, start 5:30pm$5.00/adult, students & kids free, all ages & abilities welcome!Starts July 7th, see website for full 2016 schedule
Any questions, please feel free to contact me. I check e-mail less frequently in the summer, but I will get back to you.
-JaneContinue reading →
- BKL festival lodging group reservations May 23, 2016
As you may have read recently in the NENSA newsletter, the upcoming 2017 BKL festival will be held March 4&5th in Bethel, Maine.
I have secured a block of rooms at the Bethel Inn Resort as advertised in the newsletter to “stay close to all the action happening on the Gould Academy Campus.” These rooms will be reserved for our club until December 1st and then released to the public after that.
For details on pricing, etc., see the NENSA site.
Please call 800.654.0125 to make your reservation and say that you are with the Ford Sayre Ski Club and give our group confirmation number 227501.
As always, shout out if you have any questions.
-JaneContinue reading →
- Hanover vote tomorrow, summer training opportunities & 2017 BKL festival update May 9, 2016
Quick reminder to please encourage Hanover residents to vote YES on Article 8 on Tuesday – ballot voting at Hanover High School Gym, 7am-7pm.
If you are looking for summer nordic training opportunities, check out the many that are listed on the NENSA website. Also, check out Dublin’s summer camps and Craftsbury’s many options (summer camps are full but you may e-mail Anna to be put on the wait list).
Also, the Bill Koch Festival rotation was supposed to head to Massachusetts in 2017; however, Eastern and Western Mass want to forgo their bids this year, hoping they will be ready in 2018. So, bidding is happening now for the 2017 Festival in Maine on March 4-5th, 2017. More to come regarding hotel reservations when the location has been determined later this summer.
-JaneContinue reading →