ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN:
Registration for all Ford Sayre programs is now open. Please go to the Ford Sayre website and click on Registration. Or, CLICK HERE to directly access the registration page. If you have any difficulties, please let us know.
- Children in grades 3 and higher: Please register by October 31, 2016
- Children in grades K-2: Please register by November 20th, 2016
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE:
CHANGES IN THE STRUCTURE OF THE NORDIC YOUTH PROGRAMS:
We have restructured our youth skiing program (grades K-8) to better meet the needs of children and better use our resources, facilities and coaches. Please carefully review the new program descriptions, and let your Program Heads know if you have any questions about which choice may be the best fit for your child.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
This program relies on parent involvement for much of what makes it so special for the kids. We Need Volunteers! Both on the snow and off, and for the smallest beginners it’s really more about your enthusiasm and involvement than about your skiing technique and fitness level. So, if you are willing and able to commit a little time (about an hour a week during the short ski season), please get in touch as soon as possible.
Finding and ordering nordic ski gear can be confusing, frustrating and a hassle, but it is well worth it to have solid gear once the snow flies. For help, start by reading our “Ski Gear Info” page. Please ask questions if you need guidance.
- OMER & BOB’S TEAM NIGHT: Thursday, October 6, 6:30-8:30pm: This is a night during which you can purchase new ski gear at a team discount. Vendors will be present so you can see and try on their gear (Alpina, Salomon, Atomic, Fisher, Rossi and Swix). Each vendor will have reps and we will have coaches on hand to help answer questions regarding fitting skis and poles. For fitting info, review our “Ski Gear Info” page and look for the “Checklist for team-night purchases.” Many have found this helpful.
- BUY, SELL, OR EXCHANGE USED GEAR: Check out our “Used Gear Exchange” to easily buy, sell, or donate used gear with other Ford Sayre families. This is a family-to-family system, and families are responsible for setting prices and taking down items once they are no longer available.
- SKI SWAPS: The Ford Sayre Ski Sale often has a good assortment of used ski equipment. The sale is Sunday, November 6th from 12-2:30pm at the Richmond Middle School in Hanover, NH.
- LEASE PROGRAMS: Omer and Bob’s will again lease waxless classic ski equipment for $79.95 for the season (leasing will begin at the end of October). The cost will be (This gear is not appropriate for children participating in the 5-8 grade development / racing program).
E-MAIL COMMUNICATION: You are receiving this e-mail because you were on the BKL mailing list during the 2015-16 season. We will be discontinuing the use of the 2015-16 BKL e-mail list after October 31st (for children in last year’s 2-day a week program) and November 20th (for children in last year’s 1-day a week program). If you register your skier in a 2016-2017 BKL program, you will automatically be subscribed to our new e-mail list. If additional family members, caregivers, or others want to stay connected with the BKL program communications, please subscribe here. Future e-mails will automatically be posted to our website.
Please contact your BKL Program Heads with any questions you might have. You can reach us at: