INFORMATION FOR THE 1 DAY BKL PROGRAM:
|Location:||Ray School (Rear parking lot, near school garden and gymnasium entrance)|
|Technique:||Dryland (Please wear tennis shoes; no skis needed!)|
|Upcoming Events:||Thetford Ski & Skate Sale; Sunday, December 6th @ 12:30 PM; Thetford Elementary School|
We’re looking forward to a warmer and drier start of the 1-day program this week! If you missed the start of the season information I posted last week, please check it out. All e-mails sent to the full program will always be posted on the Ford Sayre website, under the Nordic –> One Day Program tab.
THETFORD SKI AND SKATE SALE:
If you are still looking for ski equipment, the doors of the Thetford Elementary School gym will open at 12:30 today for Thetford’s annual Ski & Skate Sale. They have been accepting consignment all week and have great deals on new and used skis, skates, boards and gear. All proceeds benefit the Thetford Youth Ski Program!
As I mentioned in last week‘s post, we are starting practice at the Ray School. Please make sure that your child is under adult supervision at all times before and after practice! No child may be unsupervised on the Ray School property!
FORD SAYRE CLOTHING:
If you ordered clothing off the Ford Sayre website, Kathy Sabadosa will be at practice tomorrow to deliver it. Find her next to the K/1 check-in area. She will also have Ford Sayre t-shirts for sale at a subsidized rate of $5 per shirt. (My son’s first reaction to his: “Mommy, why is this t-shirt so soft.”) A HUGE thanks to Kathy and her family for the enormous amount of care and time they put into making our Ford Sayre nordic community look great.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL PRACTICE:
- Practice starts at 3:30 and is only one hour long since sunset is before 4:15. We do our best to begin on time, so try to arrive early so your child can get checked in and find his/her grade level group. We will have signs posted to make it easy.
- Wear non-cotton layers, wool socks and running shoes (no winter boots), hat, and light gloves or mittens. See our What to Wear When you Ski page for more information.
- Parking! The rear lot of the Ray School gets crowded, so please park in the main lot and walk down. Drive slowly in the evening light!
- Sign your child in and out of every practice!
- Save a few minutes to come say hello at the end of practice to the coaches. They are wonderful and want to meet you! You can read about them online on the Meet Our Coaches page.
ANY QUESTIONS ON PRACTICE OR EQUIPMENT??
Reach out to us! We’re always here to field your questions and receive your comments. Let us know if we can help! Aricca, BKL.One.Day@fordsayre.org, Cell: (603) 715-7233
Note: If you wish to add someone to our e-mail list-serv, please subscribe them here. If you wish to be removed from this list-serv, please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of this message.