Hello Ford Sayre Families!
We hope you are enjoying the coming of fall and managing to get outside to play in the woods.
We’re starting to get organized for the xc ski season (woohoo!). Please note some new logistics and upcoming dates/events and feel free to share this information with families that may be joining us for the first time this year. Registration will open in the first week of October.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon. As always, contact us with questions.
Ashley and Peter
CHANGE IN EMAIL SYSTEM:
We are switching to a system where families will receive our regular program posts ONLY if they subscribe on our website page. This is what you should do:
- If your child will be in the same program this year as s/he was last year, do nothing.
- If your child will change programs this year (ie: doing the 3-Day program instead of the 2-Day) you must subscribe to the new program. Go here and click the appropriate program, or look at the top left of our BKL 2&3 Day page and click “subscribe” and choose the appropriate program. Then go to the bottom of this email and “unsubscribe” so you are no longer part of the list for the program your child participated in last year.
- If your child no longer plans to be part of BKL 2 or 3 Day Programs, you can unsubscribe by going to the bottom of this email and clicking “unsubscribe”.
- If you have a friend who will be joining the 2&3 Day Programs this year, tell them to go here or look at the top left of our BKL 2&3 Day page and click “subscribe.”
OMER & BOB’S TEAM NIGHT:
Monday, October 5, 6:30-8:30pm: Team Night at Omer & Bob’s – This is a night during which you can purchase new ski gear at a team discount. Vendors will be present so you can see and try on their gear (Alpina, Salomon, Atomic, Fisher, Rossi and Swix). Each vendor will have reps and we will have coaches on hand to help answer questions regarding fitting skis and poles. For fitting info, go to our site, click on our “ski gear” tab and look for the “checklist for team-night purchases.” Many have found this helpful.
SELL OR EXCHANGE USED GEAR:
If you have gear you would like to exchange/sell/donate to other Ford Sayre families, post it ASAP on our team gear exchange at the address below (“used gear exchange” tab on our site). This is a family-to-family system. Families are responsible for setting prices and taking down items once they are no longer available.
The BKL program calendar can be accessed here. Please make note of some important dates:
- Monday 10/5: Omer and Bob’s Team Night 6:30-8:30 (Team discounts for ski gear and garb)
- Saturday, 10/17: Dartmouth Ski Swap & Sale 10:00 – 4:00 Dartmouth Collis Common Ground
- Sunday 10/18: Coaching Clinic at Dublin School – If you are coaching this year and would like to join the gang for this clinic, don’t forget to sign up on the google doc!
- Beginning of November: NENSA ski lease program opens – great source for beginner combi equipment.
- Sunday 11/8: the Ford Sayre Ski Sale at the Richmond Middle School, 12:00 – 2:30 – great source for used gear
- Thursday 11/12: First Day of Practice (dry land)
- Tuesday 3/8: Last Day ski practice for 2-day skiers
Finally, please feel free to contact us with any further questions you might have regarding the program. We are happy to talk with you and can be reached at BKL@FordSayre.org or at 802 649-2159.