- Afternoon Mtn Photos – Feb 5, 2012 February 5, 2012
- Afternoon Mtn Photos – Jan 29, 2012 January 29, 2012
- Afternoon Mtn Photos – Jan 15, 2012 January 15, 2012
- 2011 Ford Sayre Golf Tournament Thanks September 10, 2011Wow…what a day and great turnout for the Ford Sayre Golf Tournament & Barbeque earlier this month. We want to thank all of the participants for coming out, as well as the sponsors who made this event possible. We had a total of 163 people at the event and we raised almost $11,000!!! What a great way to celebrate 75 years of Ford Sayre ski programs in the Upper Valley!Some of the highlights of the event:
A final thanks to our sponsors; please remember them when you are out and about…Paul Decker DDS & Janice Pilon DDSSleek DesignCuttings Northside CaféLyme Veterinary HospitalGreen’s Appliance Service
- An eight-some coming down the #2 fairway with a dog in tow (names are being withheld, so they can play next time).
- A line drive chip in by one of our talented (not in golf) participants.
- Great music from Brooks Hubbard – drove up from Lowell, MA just for the event (check him out when he is playing locally!)
- Cooch panicking because the chicken wasn’t cooking fast enough.
- Blues loving…rib cooking…Tex Tariot cooking up some of the best ribs we have ever tasted.
- One of our younger competitors hitting it to 19” on a par three to take the prize. Dad could only stand and watch in awe.
- Clarke and Schiffman sporting some fine golfing threads….we are thinking LOUD golf attire for all participants at the next event.
A final thanks to our sponsors; please remember them when you are out and about…
A special thanks to the following families and individuals for their help and support:
- Blatchford Family
- Couture Family
- Gray Family
- Holly Ricker
- Rozzi Family
- Sacerdote Family
- Spitz Family
We hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did. Now we can start thinking snow!!!Ford Sayre Golf & Barbeque CommitteeCooch & Michelle CoutureJon & Connie BlatchfordBetsy KnightsSara VargoJay RozziContinue reading →
- 2011 Golf Tournament and Barbecue August 1, 2011
In 1936, a man name Ford Sayre, while manager of the Hanover Inn, started providing area kids the opportunity to ski. In celebration of that, 75 years later, the Ford Sayre Ski Council is hosting the Ford Sayre Charity Golf Tournament & Barbeque is back and is scheduled for Saturday, September 10th. The tournament and barbeque will be held at Hanover Country Club. For the golfers amongst us, it is a great opportunity to pull together your golfing “dream team” for a fun filled tournament with great prizes and a lot of laughs. After the tournament, there will be a party, barbeque and silent auction. The barbeque and party is a great time for golfers, non-golfers, kids and adults to catch up with all of their Ford Sayre friends.
Here is what some of the past participants said about the last Ford Sayre tournament:
- The most fun I have had with my skis off!
- I didn’t know there was something to do in between the Tecnica Winter Finish and opening day at the Skiway.
- That was great … an event that doesn’t last for 40 seconds and take place on a day that is -10ºF.
- Chan…what color wax should I use on a 3 iron?
- Will my tournament winnings cover a pair of SL and GS skis, boots and poles for my little darling?
Seriously, this is going to be a great event for a great organization. Below you will find a registration form for the golf tournament and party. Please don’t wait to register, as we are expecting a big turn out and need to firm up numbers by August 24th. Please complete this registration form and mail with check to the address at the bottom of the form. If you know anyone else who would be interested in participating, please relay this link.
Get your team together and get ready for some fun! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:Continue reading →