VOLUNTEERS! Thank you for registering in TeamSnap for the current season. Please follow the steps below to complete the onboarding process for junior coaches…
- Obtain or renew your US Ski & Snowboard membership (everyone should get the “junior coach” level)
- Submit two written references (new coaches only)
- Download the TeamSnap app
- Know where to find Ford Sayre policies & resources
US Ski & Snowboard Membership
Your participation in Ford Sayre programming is contingent upon having a valid US Ski and Snowboard membership, which requires completion of a background check, SafeSport training, an Avalanche course, and coaching fundamentals. ALL MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED and the status of your membership must be listed as VALID on the US Ski & Snowboard web site in order for you to attend in-person practices.
Reimbursement can be obtained by emailing your transaction receipt (which comes via email from USSA) directly to Lisa Bates (at firstname.lastname@example.org) with a note listing the program you are working for (Alpine/Jumping/Nordic/SkiMo) and the address to which you’d like your reimbursement mailed.
CHOOSE THE “Junior Coach” LEVEL MEMBERSHIP (at a cost of $75-$85, depending on whether or not you are due to complete coaching fundamentals).
Please note that late fees for Junior Coach memberships go into effect as of October 16th.
For help obtaining your US Ski & Snowboard membership, please reference these tips:
- Go to https://my.usskiandsnowboard.org/membership/become-member-online and get a Junior Coach level membership (the cost is $75, or $85 if you are due to complete coaching fundamentals). For step-by-step directions, including screen shots of the process, click HERE.
- AFTER you have gotten a USSA membership, COMPLETE the mandated SafeSport core training, and make sure you have linked it to your USSA membership. This training is required EVERY season. You can review detailed SafeSport instructions HERE. For answers to commonly asked questions about SafeSport, including what to do if you have completed training for another organization, click HERE. Time commitment is 20-90 minutes, depending on the course you are scheduled to complete.
- Members turning 18 during the season, which runs July 1st – June 30th, will need to register for and receive a green-light background screening determination within 45 days of turning 18. If you are due to complete a background screening, you will see a notice and link at the top of your USSA account page (do not try to initiate a background screen if you are not being prompted to do so). This process needs to be completed on a computer, laptop or other device that allows for uploading a picture of your driver’s license or passport. File size must be less than 4MB. You can review detailed background screening instructions HERE. There is NO extra fee for the background screening, as long as you register using the 8-digit USSA applicant code: 11392848. Time commitment is 15 minutes.
- You will need to take USSA’s avalanche course. It’s required for all memberships and the module can be quirky (you can’t have a shared USSA account, for example). To access the course, log into your USSA account, and find the link at the top of your screen – note, this course is only required every TWO seasons. Time commitment is 10-15 minutes.
- The last component of USSA membership is completion of Coaching Fundamentals, required once every TWO seasons. Time commitment is 3-4 hours.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the Ford Sayre administrator: email@example.com
All new junior coaches need to secure two written references from individuals who are: 1) not a legal guardian for the coach; 2) not related to the coach; and 3) are at least 18 years old. Each letter of recommendation should explain how the individual knows the prospective coach, describe any attributes they feel would make them a good candidate, and generally indicate that the prospective coach does not pose any undue risk to program participants. References are good for as long as the junior coach continues in their capacity with Ford Sayre and do NOT need to be submitted every season, if already submitted in a past season. References can be emailed directly to the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download the TeamSnap app. We now have the functionality to use the TeamSnap app for communications, attendance, and special announcements.
Policies & Resources
You can find the most up-to-date COVID-19 protocol on our website, HERE.
To review polices and protocols specific to athlete safety, please click HERE.