Ford Sayre presents the NH High School (NHIAA) Ski Jumping Competition
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 6:00pm
- Roger Burt Memorial Jump, Oak Hill, Hanover, NH
- Hot Cocoa, Music, Camp Fire, Fun under the Lights
Come watch top High School competitors from around the state soar over 100 feet under the lights at Oak Hill in Hanover. Cheer for the Hanover High jumping team!
Join us for hot cocoa, music and a camp fire. Here are a few photos from 2015.
- From downtown Hanover take Lyme Road (Rt 10 North to the first rotary just before the COOP Foodstore).
- Take the first right off the rotary onto Reservoir Road.
- Reservoir Road comes to a “T” after roughly 0.7 miles.
- Take a left down to the Storrs Pond/Oak Hill ski complex.
- Park there. The jumps are up the hill to the left (hidden by a few trees). From the parking lot you’ll see the lights from the ski jumping complex shining through the trees.
Hurrah for Jay! We can’t imagine a more deserving person to be recognized with this award. Below is the beginning of the NENSA article on Jay. Go here for the complete text and photos.
NENSA is pleased to announce that the winner of the 2016 Bill Koch League Youth Leadership Award is Jay Davis of Ford Sayre. Jay Davis has been involved as a Coach at Ford Sayre for 18 years! Jay is a natural at coaching, and he coaches youth sports during every season. He is a role model as a skier and all around athlete, running, hiking, biking and getting skis in before work even on the coldest days of the year. He keeps things fun and adventurous and is someone who truly embodies the spirit of the Bill Koch Youth Ski League…..
Make sure to give him a high five or a hug when you see him next!
Ashley & Peter
Continue reading →
This is a great shot of Ford Sayre 5th grader Cam soaring on Lake Placid’s K48 jump.Continue reading →
Ford Sayre hosted a jumping meet on January 30 at the Roger Burt jumps at Oak Hill. Forty athletes on 9 teams competed on the K10, K20 and K32 jumps. There were 9 jumpers from Ford Sayre, and 3 from Hanover High School. The jumpers ranged in age from U8 to High School. The Valley News published this article.
NHIAA Jumping Competition was held on January 29, 2016 at the Roger Burt Jumps at Oak Hill.Continue reading →